Friday, January 2, 2009

Material Girl?

My daughter is pretty rough and tumble, but for Christmas she got mostly girly things and it was cute to see her react in a girly way to her presents. For example she has carried the purses that she received throughout the holiday week and has been so excited to go shopping with her new purses - quickly tossing them into the back of the cart as her mommy does upon arrival at the store.

When opening Christmas present I could not help but enjoy the 'material girl' part of her personality. At my parent's house she opened a few gifts when she came to one from my sister, her aunt, that included a pair of shoes. She was SO excited! She grabbed them and started exclaiming, "MY NEW SHOES!" as she ran from person to person showing them to everyone and hugging on them.
She then opened a gift with my mother that was a piggy bank. She immediately knew what it was and when it was handed to her she shook it agressively and looked at her Gigi with a disappointed look. She then exclaimed, "Where's my MONEY?!?" To which my mother and I looked at each other and chuckled. She then proceeded to follow my mother through the house in a search for "her money." Once given the change she added it to her piggy bank and smiled, shaked the bank, and stated, "My Piggy Bank! I have Money!"

Think she will like to shop in the future?

Now if I can figure out how to put sound on my blog and I will play the Material Girl song...as you read this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I could help with her obsession for shoes! :)

    I'm not sure about the song part of the blog. Maybe you can download a music player to put in the sidebar...but I think it may always play the same songs for all posts.

    ReplyDelete