Thursday, December 25, 2008

Grantisms

Well, I have always been told that I need to write down some of the things my son says...as they are priceless, and continually flowing. I am not one to do it, as I think "Oh that one I will not forget." but I do...
So, I have decided to start posting some of them here, as they are priceless, comical, and need to be treasured and cherished somewhere so why not the internet right?

To start, my son has a bunk bed in his room that is twin on top, full on bottom. We have started having moving night in his room quite often with either myself or my husband, or both sitting on the bottom bunk - sometimes sleeping on the bottom bunk - while my insomniac son watches his movie of choice. So tonight being Christmas and my kids being hyped on cookies and candy - oh that brings me to a Laurenism, but I will refrain from getting off subject- anyhow, my husband and I hoping to get the kids settled in for the night suggested watching a movie that my son had received as a gift today. So we all pile into his room - including my daughter, whom tonight is determined to burn the midnight oil right along with her brother although normally our early to bed child. My husband, myself, and my daughter are all on the bottom bunk with my son on the top. After some debriefing from the 4 year old on exactly how to input the DVD - he must think we are completely incapable of doing anything without his direction-we are all settled into our spots. Que the previews - and the comments of "NO we can not skip it! NO, NO" being screamed from above..followed by "I am coming down there - I do not like this top bunk!!" After must protest...down he comes to join the already overly crowed bottom bunk. So much for utilizing the space of the bunk bed to its fullest...anyhow, all crowded in we watch the movie with the occasional push and shove we are chorused by, "Get off me - you are on my hand, foot." All followed by a repeat from the true mockingbird of a two year old. About thirty minutes into the movie I find myself pinned to the wall on my side with my husband sprawled in the fetal position at the foot of the bed, my daughter asleep at the edge of the bed, and my son next to me, still watching the movie.
(Ok to finally get to the Grantism)
My son rolls over, looks lovingly at me, hugs my neck, and then gently pats my face and cups my face in his hands and states, "I love you mommy. You're in charge." To which I give a puzzled face, and say I love you too. As I lay contemplating his remark, I look back at him and he is fast asleep..just mere seconds later.

SO...does this mean that I am only in charge during his sleeping hours!?!
sounds like it me! Sad but true, I feel he is right, and while I am galled at his statement, I can not help but to be amazed by how enlightening this one comment has been on the internal workings of my four-year-old's mind....as well as my household dynamic!

Just one of the first priceless moments to be reported from the Thrasher household...

No comments:

Post a Comment